Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rain in a desert

I talked to him today. A random call; out of the blue. Very unexpected like a shower in the middle of the desert. Refreshing too, to be honest with someone. Is it easier being honest with someone you don't know all that well? I think I know him a bit better now. He's fascinating, strong, and reserved.

He keeps a lot bottled up. That is not a good thing. It can't be for someone who is so passionate about his life. Or maybe i'm just being presumptuous. I hope not. It's not nice to be presumptuous. It means one is impinging on someone else's integrity. THAT is not a nice thing to do.

I think integrity means a lot to him. It structures his life. I am not so sure about that myself. Yes I have to be true to who I am and what I do, but who am I and what am I supposed to do? if those questions remain fundamentally unanswerable where does integrity step in? Strange logic if I may say so myself.

He needs to be held. Close and compassionately. He feels compassion is a sign of weakness. I cannot think so. It means being vulnerable yes, but, it also means a certain strength of mind and heart that allow one to give unconditionally. Don't fight it when someone gives you the space in which to break down and cry. It gives you strength.

Don't fight the sharing someone offers you. It clears your mind, takes the weight off your chest. Don't be afraid to feel. It IS hard but it's worth it in the end. You atually see the world in technicolour..I can vouch for that. And to behold colour in this world is marvellous, a gift. Don't deny that gift. It comes with love.

Loving is not easy for you and me. It takes courage and the humility to take great pain and grief. But it's a kaleidoscope for us when we love and THAT makes all the difference in the world. No I will not be a single parent because of you. Because I have seen others like you, and I will not allow my children to suffer. Because I want to reach out and heal you.

Wounded man, at a cross road in life. Succour awaits.

6 comments:

Da Rodent said...

Hmm.....

Namrata said...

hmm? now thats enigmatic :)

Da Rodent said...

hehe.. the post left me with the same feeling too :P

Namrata said...

haha! Indeed, same goes for me!

Iron Monkey said...

Funny, but this feels like it's been written for me ...

Namrata said...

@Iron Monkey: Now that we are where we are, I can see why you feel this was written for you. Maybe a foreshadowing, a foreknowledge of the strength needed to see you for what you are and not be afraid of it. It keeps one guessing about the best laid plans doesn't it?