Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Bear

I was waltzing down my street, oblivious to the curtains of rain that were seemingly intent on wreaking havoc on my shirt and my fav pair of loafers. Just for the record, I hate loafers. I loathe loafers.hey! The alliteration worked.
Anyway, as I was jauntily strolling down certain half deserted streets, of 'insidious intent' a sudden cascade of water descended with all the force of a sudden torrent released by the opening of a gate and struck me square in the face.
Left gasping like a landed fish, I couldn't help but stare at the beast that emerged briefly from the shadows cast by the flickering light of the sodium lamp, gently creaking in the wind.It didn't help that my eyes were watering so I valiantly tried to wipe the water from my face. That didn't help either because the wind picked that moment to veer in my direction and pound my face with stinging pellets of crystal.
I choked as a rather large hairy appendage detached itself from the gloom and wrapped itself firmly about my waist, picked me up and swung me out of the path of an oncoming spray of murderous brown sludge thrown up by a malevolent specimen of a maruti 800. I was too bothered to scream or even shriek out my gratitude like I usually do. So I had to content myself with trying to determine what manner of creature lay under the layers of hair cascading around its face and neck.
It looked very much like a bear albeit one with a rather adorable pair of spectacles molded to its shaggy head.
Ok he wasn't a bear. Pity. I would have enjoyed my first encounter with an animal.Never met one before in the flesh so to speak you see.
He looked at me and rumbled in a pleasant sort of baritone. I couldn't hear. Too used to my own ultrasonic frequencies I presume. I asked him to repeat himself.
I think he looked rather put out at my lack of comprehension, being a friendly sort of bearish man he patiently rumbled again. I gathered he was asking if I needed a lift. I could only nod, being fascinated by the way his beard seemed to waggle when he spoke. No, not waggled but rather coiled and roiled around some fascinating muscles in his jaw. I wanted to reach out and explore them but instinct warned me he would bite and not gently either. I decided to be prudent and keep my distance. Hopped onto his bike. A nice bike, not overtly male but gleaming with a shine that bespoke of many hours of loving attention from a pair of big, gentle hands. It leaped to life with an oddly satisfying growl that reminded me of my bear man's rumble. Subdued and very sexy.
It moved..smooth and sleek. Predatory almost.
Dammit. I don't even know his name.

3 comments:

Ms. Lane said...

awww tats the sweetest post ever ..the bear sounds lovely..so met the bear again???

Abhinav said...

absolutely fab. really.

Raeesa Vakil said...

brill. you get better and better.